YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION – GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (GDPR) 2018
GDPR is bringing in new legal protection for personal information from May 2018. This tells you what personal information I gather via my website, via our correspondence whether that be by text, email, telephone or (private) social media communication channels and in a treatment session, why, and what your rights are.
Therapist’s Name/Identity and contact details: Adrienne Harrison-Cottrell TA Health and Healing For All
Telephone No: 07889648238
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Address: Room 4, Hepworth Wing, Currock Community Centre, Lediard Avenue, Carlisle, CA2 4BS
Data Controller Contact Details: As above
Data Protection Officer: As above
The Purpose of processing Client Data
I hold and use client data in order to provide you with the best possible service, products and treatment options, support and advice.
Lawful Basis for holding and using Client Information
The lawful basis under which I hold and use this information is:
- my legitimate interests i.e.my requirement to retain the information in order to provide you with the best possible treatment options and advice
- my requirement to hold your information for the following legal reasons:
- ‘claims occurring’ insurance: (records to be kept for 7 years after last treatment)
- law regarding children’s records (records to be kept until the child is 25 or if 17 when treated, then 26)
- CNHC requirements to retain information for 8 years
As I hold special category data (i.e. health-related information), the Additional Condition under which I hold and use this information is: for me to fulfil my role as a healthcare practitioner bound under the AoR Confidentiality as defined in the AoR Code of Practice and Ethics and same for the CNHC.
What information I hold and what I do with it
In order to give a professional service, supply you with the products you request, to give you optimum therapy treatments, I will need to ask for and keep information about yourself. I will only use this for handling appointment bookings (which may include an appointment time reminder via text, telephone, email or (private) social media account), informing you about a product you have enquired about or have previously ordered, information relative to your treatment, care and therapy sessions and any advice I give as a result of your treatment. The information to be held is:
- Your contact details e.g. telephone number and email address
- Medical history and other health-related information
- Treatment details and related notes
I will NOT share your information with anyone else (other than as required for legal process) without explaining why it is necessary and getting your explicit consent.
I will keep your information for the following periods as shown above in line with the lawful basis listed above and as apply to you at the time of you first visiting me for treatment and/or supplying your information willingly and voluntarily via other means e.g. facebook private message, text, email.
Your data will not be transferred outside the EU without your consent.
Protecting Your Personal Data
I am committed to ensuring that your personal data is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, I have put in place appropriate technical, physical and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information I collect from you.
I will contact you in relation to:
- Appointment times
- Treatment information related to your health
- Information related to a product or service you purchased from Health and Healing For All
- Special offers and promotions (you may unsubscribe from this at any time)
GDPR gives you the following rights:
- The right to be informed:
To know how your information will be held and used (this notice).
- The right of access:
To see your therapist’s records of your personal information, so you know what is held about you and can verify it.
- The right to rectification:
To tell your therapist to make changes to your personal information if it is incorrect or incomplete.
- The right to erasure (also called “the right to be forgotten”):
For you to request your therapist to erase any information they hold about you
- The right to restrict processing of personal data:.
You have the right to request limits on how your therapist uses your personal information
- The right to data portability: under certain circumstances, you can request a copy of personal information held electronically so you can reuse it in other systems.
- The right to object:.
To be able to tell your therapist you don’t want them to use certain parts of your information, or only to use it for certain purposes.
- Rights in relation to automated decision-making and profiling.
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office:
To be able to complain to the ICO if you feel your details are not correct, if they are not being used in a way that you have given permission for, or if they are being stored when they don’t have to be.
Full details of your rights can be found at https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please email email@example.com
If you are dissatisfied with the response you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office; their contact details are at: www.ico.org.uk
- if you don’t agree to your therapist keeping records of information about you and your treatments, or if you don’t allow them to use the information in the way they need to for treatments, the therapist will not be able to treat you
- Your therapist has to keep your records of treatment for a certain period as described above, which may mean that even if you ask them to erase any details about you, they might have to keep these details until after that period has passed
- Your therapist can move their records between their computers and IT systems, as long as your details are protected from being seen by others without your permission.
Our store is hosted on Ecwid. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you.
The term “Health and Healing For All” or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is 34 Pennine View Close, Carlisle, CA1 3GW. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- The content of the pages of this website is not to be used either directly or indirectly as a replacement for orthodox or standard medical care.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- Prices for our products and services are subject to change without notice.
- We reserve the right at any time to modify or discontinue services or products (or any part or content thereof) without notice at any time.
- We shall not be liable to you or to any third-party for any modification, price change, suspension or discontinuance of services or products.
- This website contains certain products or services which may be available exclusively online through the website. These products or services may have limited quantities and are subject to return or exchange only according to our Return Policy.
- We have made every effort to display as accurately as possible the colours and images of our products that appear at the store. We cannot guarantee that your computer monitor’s display of any colour will be accurate.
- We reserve the right, but are not obligated, to limit the sales of our products or Services to any person, geographic region or jurisdiction. We may exercise this right on a case-by-case basis. We reserve the right to limit the quantities of any products or services that we offer. All descriptions of products or product pricing are subject to change at any time without notice, at the sole discretion of us. We reserve the right to discontinue any product at any time. Any offer for any product or service made on this site is void where prohibited.
- We do not warrant that the quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you will meet your expectations, or that any errors in the service will be corrected.
- We reserve the right to refuse any order you place with us. We may, in our sole discretion, limit or cancel quantities purchased per person, per household or per order. These restrictions may include orders placed by or under the same customer account, the same credit card, and/or orders that use the same billing and/or shipping address. In the event that we make a change to or cancel an order, we may attempt to notify you by contacting the e-mail and/or billing address/phone number provided at the time the order was made. We reserve the right to limit or prohibit orders that, in our sole judgment, appear to be placed by dealers, resellers or distributors.
- You agree to provide current, complete and accurate purchase and account information for all purchases made at our store. You agree to supply up to date information, including your email address and contact telephone number so that we can complete your transactions and contact you if necessary only in relation to the order(s) you have placed.
- For more detail, please review our Returns Policy.
- The website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- This site may contain certain historical information. Historical information, necessarily, is not current and is provided for your reference only. We reserve the right to modify the contents of this site at any time, but we have no obligation to update any information on our site. You agree that it is your responsibility to monitor changes to our site.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use and/or copyright infringements of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
Here at Health and Healing For All we rarely have to process returns as our customers are a happy lot! However, in the rare occurrence you feel the need to return your purchase we are happy to refund your purchase within two weeks (14 days) of receipt if the item is faulty. We may agree to exchange a product if you have changed your mind IF it is clearly unused AND undamaged.
If you are returning items purchased at an event or workshop please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org before returning them as you will have been made aware at the time of purchase of any additional terms covering those items.
For hygiene reasons, we cannot accept back products which have been used unless faulty.
The following items cannot be returned or refunded:
- Workshop tickets if the event is to be held within the next 7 days.
- Any made-to-measure, custom-made, special order products eg bespoke body butters.
- Any product which has been used unless shown to be faulty.
Send any returns to Health and Healing For All, Room 4, Hepworth Wing, Currock Community Centre, Lediard Avenue, Carlisle, CA2 4BS
Please enclose the Despatch Note or a note with your name, details and reason for return.
We recommend sending by Royal Mail Signed For service or Special Delivery for your own protection if in the United Kingdom. It is the customer’s responsibility to pay return postage. Please note, we cannot accept responsibility for any product that is not received back to us, please retain your proof of return, so you can dispute delivery with the courier used. For Example, if you send a parcel untracked and we do not receive the parcel, we cannot accept liability for the missing parcel and will not be able to process your return.
We aim to process your refund as soon as we have checked your returned item. We usually turn around refunds in four working days from receipt of your return. It may then take a further 5 working days for the funds to appear in your account.
If you would like further information please contact us at email@example.com
During the final stages of seasonal sale periods items that are marked Final Sale* aren’t eligible for refunds and are none returnable unless faulty.
WHY HASN’T MY RETURN BEEN PROCESSED?
In the unlikely event that you don’t receive an exchange or refund within 14 days of posting your parcel to us, please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
If you have returned your parcel using Recorded Delivery or another service that can be tracked, please give us the reference number when you contact us.